Jul 27, 2007
We've received a lot of correspondence from listeners asking us
about some of the basics of the Sherlockian world – thank you for
taking the time to contact us and let us know what's on your mind.
In order to ensure that we're all working from the same level of
knowledge, we'll cover some of the fundamentals of "the Game."
Since this is such a broad topic, this will be a two-part show –
and rather than make you wait two weeks for the second part, we'll
release it next week.
- Listener mail - how do I get into a Sherlockian society?
- What do we mean by Canonical?
- Which are the best Sherlock Holmes stories to read? Where
should I begin?
- Holmes and Watson as real people - the beginnings of
- Some details about Baker Street - particularly 221B
- How we use short-hand to refer to the stories
- Close connection with and nostalgia for the Victorian/Ewardian
era when the Baker Street Irregulars was founded in 1934
- You say Sherlockian / I say Holmesian
Links for this episode: